Ages 3 years to first day of kindergarten.
The Maple Tree preschool program is designed to build upon the child's current development and prompt the next steps to learning. Maple Tree curriculum includes art, language, science, math, life skills, and gross motor activities to advance learning. With our adult to child ratio of approximately 1-to-8, our teachers are able to meet the individual needs of each child.
Our success-oriented programs are created to develop the "whole child" through age-appropriate activities. Through continual observation, our dedicated teachers are able to develop learning activities to prepare children for abstract thought, to enhance their skill levels, and promote positive peer interactions. These experiences foster self-awareness, self-esteem, and a sense of community, which further prepares the children for kindergarten.
We use the Early Learning Success curriculum as our foundation for lesson planning in our preschool room. You may find out more by visiting Earlylearningsuccess.net.
Our team of preschool teachers have years of experience and an incredible amount of creativity that they bring to Maple Tree. Though the Early Learning Success curriculum forms the base of our lesson plans, we take an eclectic approach and allow our teachers to employ Montessori methods and other excellent programs such as High Reach and Wee Care. The staff is skilled at assessing the needs of the group as well as the needs of individual children as they develop activities.
The children are given access to a wide variety of activities including art, science, daily living, dramatic play, math, language, movement, and outdoor nature interactions.
The classroom allows for individualized, small group, and large group activities. Individual children work on specific skills while group are also introduced. Our mixed age group time to fosters cooperation and peer learning.
The children are encouraged to learn independence and we enjoy sharing in their joy as they master skills. We seek to challenge them, without pushing them. We want them to freely explore the classroom and work at a pace that is comfortable for them.
There is exposure to Christian values as the preschoolers have weekly Bible stories, pray before their meals, and sing Christian songs at group time. We regularly present teaching on positive values and encourage the children to be good classroom citizens.
- 6:30-7:30 AM — Arrival and free play time
- 7:30-8:30 AM — Breakfast/Free choice time (arrive by 8:00 to participate in breakfast service)
- 8:30-9:00 AM — Morning meeting/Outside time if weather permits
- 9:00-11:00 AM — Curriculum time: Art, language, science, math, manipulatives, gross motor, etc.
- 11:00-12:00 PM — Group A has lunch and free play time
Group B has grouptime and playground time
- 12:00-1:00 PM — Group A has grouptime and playground time / Group B has lunch and free play time
- 1:00-2:45 PM — Nap (Children who are not asleep after 30 minutes will be invited to participate in activities)
- 2:45-3:15 PM — Snack
- 3:15-4:00 PM — Playground
- 4:00-5:00 PM — Curriculum time
- 5:00-6:00 PM — Playground time or free choice activities
Preschool Full Day Tuition
Quoted prices are based on weekly rates
5 days $256/ week
4 days $227/ week
3 days $207/ week
2 days $138/ week
1 day $69/ week